Thursday, December 16, 2021

In December

I never expected to blog for so many years. Every time I try to quit, I feel I should continue a little longer.


Paige is home! It was an ordeal to get her here. First she had a 3-hour flight to another city in Europe, then a 9-hour flight here, where we were deep in a blizzard and our airport got 12 inches of snow. We cautiously drove to the airport, ready to pick her up at 7 p.m.... when her flight flew right over us and diverted to Chicago at the last moment and she spent the night there. She stood in a hotel voucher line for hours, then a shuttle line for a long time, and she finally got to her room at 1:30 a.m. Her flight came back and landed at 4 p.m. the next day. It's so good to have her home again, and in the same time zone.

We had a RS Christmas party. I decorated in gold and red this time. We ate brunch, played some games, and did an ornament exchange where you could steal others' ornaments after they opened them. It was nice to gather and laugh and visit.


Each RS woman got a little gift from us - candy canes, hot chocolate, a star ornament with a name/role of Christ on it, and a chocolate. We made 65 of them and are still handing them out.

I used those same stars to decorate our 3 RS bulletin boards. 

We followed our RS party a week later with a ward Christmas party. The RS prepared and served all the food (COVID precautions) - a giant taco bar. This time I decorated in snowflakes and bright Christmas colors. 


We had a few things for the families to do, plus some activities the Primary and youth put together. 
Instead of me putting together fancy centerpieces, we wanted everyone to work together and build little gingerbread houses at their tables. Some people got very competitive. Some people even took out pocket knives and pocket scissors and whittled them further. And some people just made a total mess all over the table and themselves.


Colby comes home tomorrow night! I've shopped, wrapped, and mailed out Christmas gifts this week. I have nothing for our own family, though, and Christmas is a week away. A lot of busy events are behind me, so now I can focus on Christmas and try to relax and enjoy time with our family. I'm happy to say thank you and goodbye to 2021 and work towards a peaceful 2022.