Monday, June 27, 2022

Home

Leah and I arrived home from our trip late last night. Paige follows a day behind and comes home for probably at least a month; I'll pick her up from the airport tonight. 

Dan and Carson went camping and canoeing in the Boundary Waters last week, and Carson took a school friend along. It was supposed to be a YM ward camping trip, but COVID took some people out and then it was cancelled at the last moment. Dan and Carson planned their own trip and food and still went.

I'm gathering and searching through all the pictures from our phones to share while still feeling the loss of sleep from all week long and unpacking and needing to deal with groceries and laundry and real life now that we're home. We hit it hard and saw every single sight we could fit into one week. The temperature was in the 90s and humid, leaving us drenched in sweat and feeling drained each day. Our feet hurt, our bodies are worn out, but it was an incredible girls' trip and we made lots of memories.

Before we all separated for a week, we played sand volleyball in our friends' backyard. By "we played" I mean I sat and visited with people while watching Dan, Carson, and Leah play (4th, 3rd, and 1st people on the right side of the picture).