Dan comes home from India today. It's been an interesting, good experience for him. Some things he expected, some he did not.
I tagged along on a youth temple night. I drove Carson there so he could do homework on the way, and he drove me home when it was too dark for me to see well and safely drive. Teamwork.
New comfy shoes for my picky feet. This is the picture I sent Paige from work, asking if I look European in loafers and black jeans.
With the weather turning cold, it was time to put away my summer skirts and dresses and shop for jeans since mine from last year are a little, ahem, tight and uncomfortable. After trying on sooooo many jeans in all sizes and interesting styles in many stores, I finally found some I like that fit well. I also found some cozy sweaters, and I'm ready for colder weather now, clothes-wise at least.
My long-overdue hair appointment happened. I chopped off all my longer layers and went with one simple length. I’m not brave enough to go full silver after all. Maybe later.
I read this book in the middle school library this week. I learned a few things I didn’t know before, like Mathew Brady isn't the one who took the Civil War pictures he's famous for. We’ve walked many of the battlefields and towns written about in this book, so I can easily picture them. Also I really hate, hate, hate war.
We woke up to snow. On October 14th. It has begun.
Even though the weather outside says winter, my calendar says fall, and that calls for pumpkin muffins today.





