My treadmill stayed behind in Minnesota. Now our new neighborhood is my treadmill. I walk early in the morning before the sun is beating down on me and the temperature goes up and it's unbearable. We have miles of sidewalks and trails all over the neighborhood, and there are beautiful mountain views. I take a new route each day.
Last week I came across a herd of around 20 javelinas. I texted these pictures to my friend I used to walk with, and she responded, "Oh. My. Goodness. So freaky. Are they mean? Do they have rabies? Are they wild pigs? I'm freaking out for you. Nooooooooo."
Also I came across a dead frog in the road, and it's as big as my foot. Frogs should not be this big.
We've seen two enormous tarantulas in the street and lots of lizards, but no scorpions yet. I'm not looking forward to those.




