Friday, January 31, 2025

Another Week

I found bandaids that blend in more for my forehead. There's a crater left behind after the biopsy, but the dermatologist suggested some gels that might fade the scar in a few months. Biopsy results are in: both moles are benign, but they're both different types of moles that have chances of growing back with melanoma next time. We'll be monitoring those spots carefully from now on. Meanwhile, the Rosacea is still trying to flare up on my cheeks some days, fighting against all the medicines. This is a long-term process to calm it down and then keep it that way.

I've lacked motivation to finish the house...until this week. I painted the rest of the apartment side of our house in a simple off-white. More furniture came. The last rug was delivered. I searched long and hard for it, and even sent some rugs back, and this is THE ONE. I'm still putting the house together, but it's getting closer and kinda coming together finally. 


We went downtown to this restored art deco theater again, but this time to hear from an F-16 pilot who became an astronaut. It was fascinating to hear all about his preparation and then time in space, and his perspectives on the world. His pictures and videos were incredible. 


I had a gastroenterology appointment this week. I've had GERD for 6-7 years. Sometimes it calms down for a while and only bothers me a few times each month. Sometimes, like now, it flares up and bothers me 4-6 times each week. It's painful and annoying and unpredictable and I'm tired of it and want it fixed. Something that's new since September is a feeling like food and drink are stuck in my throat and won't go down easily. It doesn't happen every time, but it happens often. So....the gastroenterologist gave me a list of foods to stop eating and other things I should and should not do. She also prescribed a medicine to take every morning. In 7 weeks, I have an endoscopy scheduled. At that time, we'll see if all these measures together have calmed inflammation and are working enough, or if there's more going on.

And lastly, my asthma doctor put me back on the shots I took for 18 months before moving here. The first shots came this week. These help keep my asthma and CRSwNP (chronic rhinosinusitis with nasal polyps) controlled. It's taken 7 months to get back on these shots, and I'm hoping they start working again quickly.