Thursday, May 7, 2026

Bouquets

Three wards were recently created with new names and boundaries, and everyone was released from their callings. It's taken a few weeks to reorganize our ward. Dan is now in the EQ presidency, and I'm back in the same calling doing activities for 7-to-11-year-old girls. I do love this age - the girls think everything is fun, they love to come and participate, and they don't have teenage attitude yet. 

For this week's activity, I bought a bunch of flowers from Trader Joe's, and the girls got creative and made bouquets for their moms. I didn't know if it would be chaotic or if the girls would cut stems way too short and then not be able to use them (I warned them first), but we had no issues. I spread all the flowers on one table, and they went around and around it, mixing and matching until they were happy with their choices. Then they spent time carefully cutting and arranging. The bouquets turned out so well! I like that they're all unique.