Saturday, July 18, 2026

The Week

We've had several violent monsoons lately, and we lost the only tree in our yard when a storm toppled it. 


These rabbits did not run away as we walked by.

I've been running errands all over the city with Leah this week. We got stuck outside this grocery store waiting for a monsoon to end.

I found this massive and creepy Palo Verde beetle in our church kitchen this week. It was no longer alive and had spent its final moments trying to get this M&M it could never eat. There are probably great lessons and metaphors about that.

I was scared to get close in case it was still alive. It took a while to get enough courage to vacuum it.


It was wider than the vacuum hose and only fit halfway in. I'm pretty sure I screamed. I ran to the door with the vacuum on, turned off the vacuum, and let it drop outside. It was huge, and I never want to see another one.


There's a parasite scare across the country that involves fresh produce, and I'm not taking chances. I haven't been buying any lettuce, but I do like a yogurt parfait with berries every morning. I've been soaking berries in vinegar and baking soda, then boiling them down into simple sauces.


The hardest days are when I wake up and my stomach is already huge for no reason. I feel defeated before I even begin the day. This was yesterday.

A walk didn't help much, so I hid inside the rest of the day, taking it easy and wearing large, loose, comfortable clothes. I don't even know what to try next. Nothing calms my stomach problems yet.

I had another ENT appointment this week and my stubborn sinus infection is finally gone. The more Dupixent shots I take, the more the polyps will shrink and disappear, and my CRSwNP will get back under control.


And today I'm watching Dan, Colby, and Leah play racquetball.