I'm very grateful my dad survived his massive heart attack this year.
I stayed at Leah's apartment because other family members were staying at my parents' house, and I was going to spend most of the time in Provo packing Leah's things anyway. Leah has a roommate in Alaska for the summer, so there was an empty bed I used. It worked out well.
Leah and I spent our mornings taking long walks all over Provo.
Leah spent a lot of time on campus trying to finish lab work for her thesis so she could come home for the rest of summer. The lab professor is my brother's good friend. I met him when I was 16 and he came to our house to visit. They played college soccer together and still keep in touch often, and he recently sent this text to my brother. So one day I came up to campus with Leah and said hi to Shawn, then left Leah and wandered campus for a while.
Another day, I was in line at the BYU bookstore when I looked at the line next to me and saw the author of this book I read a few years ago. I've followed him on social media for a long time. I introduced myself and thanked him for sharing his experiences. We talked about all things Arizona, since he lived in this city for grad school and was just in Arizona for a conference and knows a friend from my ward here. He is the nicest man, and I was a little starstruck to see and talk to him in person. It was unexpected. I hope I played it cool. I do wish I had taken a picture of us, but maybe that would have been less cool of me.
We got all Leah's things organized, pared down, and packed neatly in a corner of her living room. We left her bedroom deep cleaned and empty for the next person who will move in before Leah comes back. This is our easiest move yet. We didn't have to pack up kitchen things, and we just have to move her right into the next bedroom which will be bigger and easier to fit everything in.








