Paige and Colby went back to work after the airport, and the rest of us met our stake president at the institute building on campus where he works. He visited for a while and then officially released Carson.
Carson served in Bountiful, Evanston, North Salt Lake, Evanston again, Rose Park, and South Salt Lake. In addition to English areas where he expected to serve his whole mission, he also served in a Marshallese branch, two Samoan wards, and a Japanese ward. He learned some of those languages and had a lot of cultural experiences.
Right before Carson came home, a sweet Japanese woman wrote a long letter for him to give me. I will treasure it forever. I'm so thankful for people in Carson's mission who welcomed and loved and supported him.
Right before Carson came home, a sweet Japanese woman wrote a long letter for him to give me. I will treasure it forever. I'm so thankful for people in Carson's mission who welcomed and loved and supported him.
It's great to have him home and have all our kids together for a few weeks. Facebook has been reminding me that eight years ago this week, on July 24th (Pioneer Day for Utahns but a regular day for the rest of us), Colby left for his mission. After eight years, our family is done with the mission years. It's yet another phase that has now ended.
He spent over half his mission in Evanston, Wyoming, so he showed us his cowboy jeans, boots, and rope. Who is this guy?

















