Friday, September 4, 2026

Airplanes

Because of some health problems, my parents had to change their flight and go home earlier than planned. The reality is... I don't know if my dad will be able to travel here again, and I have some feelings about that. So I have a new favorite memory of all of us sitting in our backyard with a beautiful, peaceful view as the sun went down, visiting while watching the stars come out.

Before their flight, we stopped at Paige's workplace. My dad was intrigued by all the planes and kept taking pictures inside and outside the buildings. I wish it weren't so hot and we had more time so they could have walked all the hangars and around the outside perimeter and seen even more planes. 



Paige took us in the backroom to her office and showed us the projects she's working on.







My dad is funny.







On certain days, veterans come and speak about their experiences. We sat and listened to Walter for a long time. He was fascinating. He's 102 years old! While Paige was showing my parents around, I sneaked into the bookstore and bought his book and had him sign it for Paige, and I asked a docent to take her picture with him before he left for the day.