Friday, January 28, 2022

Rough Week

I now think I have a herniated disc. I only worked once this week, an easy job in the library, because I didn't feel ready to take on a classroom full of kids while I'm hurting this way. Mornings are the most painful, especially getting out of bed, until I'm moving enough to feel better and have heated my back for a while and taken some pain medicine. Dan has to help lift me out of bed. Sometimes he has to scoop me off the ground when I pass out from pain. I'm in tears and yell in pain whenever I move wrong.

I made homemade sausage and spinach ravioli using a ravioli pan Paige bought me, but it was so hard to get the dough thin enough. These were quite thick. Leah gave me a pasta machine that I still need to sit down and figure out because it looks intimidating, but then I'll be able to get thinner dough I think. I'm out of my comfort zone, making homemade pasta. I'll keep trying.

Carson was pulled out of lunch and sent to the high school office, where another student sat with a police officer. This was an awkward moment. The boy had just hit Carson’s car in the parking lot with his Hummer as he tried to park. If you can see past the salt on the car, there’s a big dent in the back left corner. We purposely bought older cars with more mileage for our kids to drive so that if/when they get hit, it won't be a big deal. Still, there was no dent before this week. Carson got his license a month ago and already had two incidents that weren't his fault. 



Leah called me in tears, very upset over a few things. I want to fix everything for everyone, and I can't. But I could talk her through some troubles and encourage her forward. And she has goats somewhere in her area who bring her pure joy. She has 6 1/2 weeks left!!

Paige has COVID and has to quarantine until Monday. She can't go back to school until she tests negative. Her throat is sore and she's congested and feverish. Her back hurts too. She's vaccinated and recently boosted, and it didn't matter.