I’ve been called in to work all week in the library due to a funeral in the librarian’s family. I started the week rough, bringing a migraine to work with me. It finally calmed down two hours into the workday. Some days be like that. I donned sunglasses against the bright fluorescent library and computer lights until I felt better.
But some mornings the medicine works sooner, my symptoms are under control, and I’m okay. Today a sweet student brought me one of her birthday cookies. And the sun is shining outside, even though it’s deceptive; wind chill is supposed to fall to -30 degrees later today. There were only 6 sunny days in all of January, so I’m happy to see sunshine today.
My third shot happens tonight. I hate the moment of giving myself a shot, I hate the painful after effects, but I look forward to getting more of that medicine in me so I can get healthier.

