During Christmas break, Dan and the kids tried an escape room kit. It was challenging and took them over two hours to solve. They liked it so much, we got two more for slow winter days when we’re bored and stuck inside.
I’ve been trying different protein smoothies, then freezing and shivering violently as I drink them. Our bitterly cold weather is supposed to change to warmer temps next week, meaning we’ll be in the 30s and not in negative numbers anymore.
This was the softest homemade French bread. We finished off one whole loaf in minutes, still burning hot from the oven.
I’m not sporty, but I’m very good at walking the halls.
And we’ve now gotten Colby and Paige hooked on Amazing Race with us. We’re watching past seasons we haven’t seen before. We have favorite teams we hope win, and we have ones we hope will be eliminated soon.
I had an appointment set up for tomorrow to chop my hair short, but I cancelled it. I’ll do it soon, though, because it’s getting stuck in everything—zippers, seatbelts, my purse handles, etc. How do people handle long hair?!
This was an interesting hymn to sing today in light of Dan being laid off this week. Usually I can't stand this hymn, but the second verse goes, “There are chances for work all around just now, opportunities right in our way.” Was it just a coincidence? Or was it a nice little message for us that everything’s okay and this is an opportunity for our family, as we’ve been feeling?









