I had a vivid dream. I get them from time to time...ones that feel so real and important, I pay extra attention to their message.
I was at a health conference in a giant auditorium. As I listened to the speaker, I took notes. When the seminar ended, I read through the notes and added more so I wouldn’t forget. Then I came home and had a Zoom meeting with friends where I shared my detailed notes. Then I shared them again with my family at dinner. So in total, I had gone over the same information multiple times. When I woke up from this vivid dream, I felt it must be important information for me. I began writing down the key points I remembered from my notes in my dream. They aren’t anything new and surprising, and in fact they’re somewhat basic, but in this dream I felt an urgency in better understanding these things for myself.
#1, I need to take good care of my body. I only get one body. I need to prioritize anything that will help me care for my body better. It will be worth the effort.
#2, Our bodies are so unique. Some bodies need medical care. Some need holistic care. Some need both. What works for someone else may not work for me.
#3, I have a responsibility to find the right mix of medical and holistic means to uniquely take care of my body and get it healthy. I have a responsibility to take action and heal, and then to maintain good health when I get there. (P.S., I’m sure trying.)
#4, Don’t give up and accept poor health.
I can still see these notes and bullet points clearly in my mind. The next part of my notes was a list of the exact things my body still needs to be its healthiest. And that’s where it all fades. I quickly forgot them after I woke up. I’ve tried so hard to remember. When I picture the notes, that part of the list blurs. I can't remember them, but I do remember the poignant feeling that I need to keep searching for the right ways to take care of my body and heal it which will be different than everyone else's suggestions and experiences of what works for them. I feel like I'm getting closer through lots of trial and error.
I hope I get a repeat dream soon so I get the rest of that information. In the meantime, I’ll keep doing the work to find what my unique body needs. And while I’m at it, I wouldn’t mind a vivid dream where I see what’s next for our family. Just a little glimpse?