Tuesday, February 13, 2024

February

When I used to travel around our very large stake to different units for YW, there was one ward that had the best homemade sacrament bread. I always wanted a whole tray to myself. When I commented on it once, the youth told me they nicknamed it the "snackrament", haha. I finally got their french bread recipe last month and have made it multiple times. It's sooooo soft and just as delicious as I remember from those snackrament days. 


Dan applied to some companies last week and will apply to more this week. He's targeting jobs closer to family but will branch out if those don't happen. Today a friend of ours called Dan with an intriguing job proposal to consider. He's the president of a company who wants Dan to be a regional sales manager, allowing us to live anywhere out west. It's not an engineering job but would use his engineering skills, and he would travel a lot. It's an interesting direction we never considered.

Colby and Dan fly to Utah soon to rent a moving van, load Colby’s things from his storage unit, and drive to Arizona. Colby's company gave him a generous lump sum to move himself, and then he can keep what's left over. Dan will stay a few days to help him settle in and build Ikea furniture and find a car to buy.

We signed up for Cobra today after looking into other insurance plans that were just as expensive once we put all our info in, but they didn't cover our specific doctors and medicines and had much higher copays and out-of-pocket maximum amounts. Cobra is so darn expensive ($2,000 a month, ugh), but it allows us to continue our same healthcare, and that's important to us.

I’m still, forever, searching for the right info to fix me. Maybe this is as healthy as I can get, but first I'm going to try everything out there so I know for sure. The neurologist appointment I've been waiting months for now happens in two weeks.


We watched the Super Bowl, and Paige and Dan made a bet with each other. Paige picked first and chose the Chiefs to win, and Dan was left with the 49ers who lost. Dan had to make a delicious treat for us.