We’re on our way to watch Kung Fu Panda 4 in the theater soon. We’re still watching older seasons of The Amazing Race because I never get sick of them and they’re all so different and I can see parts of the world I’ll never visit. This week my Amazing Race team lost in the final round, and now I have to make dessert. We rewatched all the Night at the Museum movies when Dan was out of town. We also watched Rat Race which Dan and I had seen a while ago but our kids had not, and they laughed so hard. And we rewatched Eurovision this week with Dan since he missed it, and it’s still so darn funny (but rude).
I read All the Light We Cannot See, and Paige began reading Dune.
It was spring break this week. Carson started track practice. It was nice enough he and Dan played Pickleball outside. On Wednesday Carson job shadowed a physical therapist to see if he’s interested in that as a career someday. Twice this week, Carson and Dan cleared trails at a state park for NHS service hours.
Paige worked a lot. Leah schooled a lot and also worked.
Dan was asked to have a 4th interview with a company. Meanwhile he keeps contacting more and more companies and sending his resume out. Some companies show his application is under consideration. Some companies he doesn’t hear back from. Some companies he rules out when they tell him their salary range is way lower than what he made at his former job (sometimes as much as half), or they don’t pay for relocation, or he finds out their management and budget situation is a mess and he wants no part of that.
When the first plastic baby showed up in this house soon after Colby left, I thought it was weird. When the second one showed up, I thought it’s not a coincidence. When I found the third one unexpectedly in a place I would have never purposely searched, I knew it’s a game Colby left for us. And when I found the fourth one in a plant this week, I texted him, “Aha! I know it’s you. I’ll play the game.” But he won’t tell me how many he left behind…10? 100? Will I be finding these in random hiding places for years to come? I imagine him smirking his classic smirk as I’m going crazy here looking for them. That kid makes me laugh, and we’re missing him.




