Saturday, November 16, 2024

Mid November

Paige spent a week in D.C. 


Carson shared this great picture with us.

I painted two bedrooms in the prettiest silvery blue color. I chose the color at the last moment as I stood at the paint counter trying to decide between colors, and I fretted as I painted it on the walls and it looked too dark, but then it dried and I really like it.



We picked up a refinished dresser from Facebook Marketplace for Leah. I can finally organize the bedrooms now that they're painted. We still have boxes to unpack that we've ignored because they've been out of sight in those rooms. I started ordering rugs and furniture. I ordered custom framing of a painting I've had for two years and have meant to get framed. I still have to paint our bedroom, three bathrooms, the laundry room, and the main area of the apartment side of our house. Then the painting is done.

While we were in Utah last month, my dad gave me a painting for our new house. His childhood friend is an artist, and my dad has many of his paintings hanging in his office. My parents also have many of his paintings in their home. This painting is a newer one my dad acquired that he hadn't hung up anywhere yet. I chose between two paintings, and I chose this one because it reminds me of Star Valley for Dan, and because it has trees and fall colors and a river to remind us of those things that we don't see here in Arizona. I love the colors, and it's starting to add color to our greige walls and floors. I needed something like this to base the other decor around in our house. Now I'm slowly picking rugs, pillows, and other art around this one piece of art. It's going to come together soon.

Colby joined us for a hike yesterday. It was very pretty and the weather was perfect.




I went to a Relief Society activity this week and really enjoyed meeting more people. It's the friendliest ward. Dan and I went to a ward chili party and met more people. Tonight we're going to a game night with new friends. Last week Dan watched the BYU game with a group of people. We did not mind living in Arizona this week. We might even come to like it some day.