Saturday, November 9, 2024

Outside Entryway

Many areas of this house are partially done as I finish painting, organizing our things, and buying furniture. And that's frustrating because it feels like it's taking a long time to settle in. So I decided to fully finish one area, and I picked the outside entryway. The red doors have to stay because they were chosen by the builder, and the HOA doesn't let people change the color.

I bought LLbean waterhog mats, and I chose a sun pattern for one of them, appropriate for Arizona. The door to the left is our apartment side of this house.


We've had this bench for at least 15 years, maybe more. It's moved with us twice now. It was faded and rusty in spots. 

I spray painted it black and it looks much better.

I bought a navy blue bench cushion with a machine washable cover because there is always a layer of dirt on everything outside. Then I found machine washable pillow covers that I put over the boring gray pillows I had to buy for staging our Minnesota house to sell. I like these cute cactus prints, another nod to Arizona without going overboard.



And now at least I can say our outside entryway is finished. I thought about getting plants in colorful pots, but around here they bring spiders, scorpions, frogs, snakes, etc. too close to our house looking for shade and places to hide. I don't want that, so I'm leaving this area open and simple.