Thursday, June 12, 2025

It Went Like This

The past month but especially this week can be summed up this way: car troubles. Four of our cars need to be replaced. Leah's car made it home to Arizona, and the next day the air conditioner broke for good and needs a whole new system, and the throttle had to be replaced. The quote we got to fix it is more than the car is worth, so Dan's fixing it himself and then we'll probably trade it in. Leah and I drove Dan's car back to Utah, and the next day lots of lights came on and some were flashing. Other strange things were happening. I took it to a Subaru service center, where they kept it for two days and fixed three major things for a few thousand dollars. Ugh. But it had to be done. We thought Subarus are supposed to last forever, but ours has given us so many problems.

Leah started a 6-week dietetics rotation at a hospital. She's getting lots of real-life dietetic experience, and it's exciting and so grown up.

It was a fast trip, and I didn't get much time to spend with family since I was dealing with car problems, but some of us met up to eat at a restaurant. I can't get enough of this adorable baby nephew! 

My stomach hated me in Utah, and as usual it was big and painful after meals. My voice is hoarse, and I have an annoying cough because I always feel like I need to clear my irritated throat. Food and drink still get stuck in my esophagus. It was hard to find safe food to eat in airports yesterday as I traveled home, but I ended up finding a plain salad and a dairy-free acai bowl. I hurt soon after, and my stomach grew a little but not as bad as it can get. My next gastro appointment is Monday, and I'm curious what's next.


Here's something I find annoying about Rosacea -- it causes flushing, and almost anything can trigger it. I turn bright red, feel very hot, and get a rash or welts down my neck. I never know when it will happen, and it's embarrassing. I can't stop it or hide it. It's very noticeable. This is 20 minutes after tonight's flushing happened while I was talking to someone, and it's still a little flared up.