Monday, June 16, 2025

Next Plan


The gastroenterologist wants me to continue the acid reflux and low FODMAP diets for now and stop eating any other foods that I notice bother me. I'll continue all the habits and lifestyle changes for GERD (taking walks, sleeping on left side, smaller meals, slower eating, loose clothes, etc). I was given a different daily acid reflux medicine that will hopefully work better for me. She ordered a food allergy and sensitivity test (done by blood work), an abdominal ultrasound looking for anything else that might be causing problems, and a Barium swallow test. She also wants me to see an ENT in case there's more than GERD causing my hoarse voice, irritated throat, and dysphagia (choking on food and drink). These things will all take more time, and I may or may not get answers and feel better, but it's another path forward that might work. I spent all afternoon with a lot of stomach pain again, and I really want to heal and get past this.