I was weeding the front yard last night when I heard a very loud buzzing. I turned around and the sky was black and full of hundreds of bees flying and swirling around. It was quite terrible but fascinating to watch and hear them. When they eventually calmed and landed, I discovered they were hanging out in our tree and very close to the sidewalk and unsuspecting neighbors who might walk by.
Instead of spraying them, we did the right thing and hired beekeepers who gently took them away today to a new hive. The process took an hour and a half and was super interesting to watch (from a safe distance). The beekeepers told me lots of bee facts I didn't know. They showed me pictures of hives and shared stories of collecting them. They talked so fondly of bees, I almost started liking the insects too. And then they finally loaded the bees into their van and drove off to collect more hives.




