It's a migraine day. It's 1:30 pm and I finally dragged myself out of bed to eat food and take meds and drink caffeine to turn this day around. It's a big one and it's drained all my energy and changed my plans for today.
Other health updates: An ultrasound found a kidney stone which made me miserable for a few weeks and still has to come out in 4-6 more weeks. I'm not looking forward to that.
I had another gastro appointment last week. Usually I make appointments in the morning when I'm more comfortable being out in public and my stomach is behaving because I haven't eaten much yet. That day, my appointment was in the afternoon and I waddled in with an enormous painful stomach after a small low Fodmap meal that shouldn't have caused problems. My doctor agreed something is clearly still wrong. We are not going to use more SIBO antibiotics right now, but maybe later in the year I can try them again. I was told each round should have given me 2-3 months of relief, but I never got that, so another round would probably have the same results and might damage my stomach at this point.
The doctor ordered an enzyme test to see if my body stopped making certain enzymes to break down food. If it did, I can start taking prescribed enzymes. She ordered a fructose intolerance breath test that will be done in a hospital. She also ordered a gastric emptying test to see if my body moves food too slowly as it digests and needs medicine to speed up the process. I will eat a meal with radioactive tracer inside it, and then we'll watch that meal get digested over four hours.
If all those tests come back normal, and there's still no change after all the things we've tried, the doctor will have me start a very low dose of an antidepressant to calm my gut-mind connection and relax everything. That sometimes works for stomach problems.
