I thought I left health problems behind in 2022. But I've run into a problem -- my steroid shot from weeks ago has worn off, inflammation has already increased, but the new shots I give myself will take between 2 weeks to 3 months (and for some people up to 6 months) for me to notice them working. It’s a shot that slowly builds on itself over time before being fully effective. So I'm in between shots working, I’m starting to feel sick and in pain again, and I’m losing my smell and taste again. It’s so sad and frustrating for me. I'm back to relying on over-the-counter meds to keep going besides the prescribed medicines I take daily.
I'm also deep into my proctoring job. September, January, and May I proctor almost every work day.
Today those collided, and a migraine hit me at work, building until I had to squint my eyes against all light and push hard above my eyes to counter the pain. I also felt like I had a bad allergy attack or head cold or sinus infection. I was a mess while trying to test kids. I desperately called Paige and she gathered supplies and drove them to me. An hour later my body was calm, the migraine and "allergy" attack (I have no allergies) under control again. I could fully open my eyes, the lights not bothering me anymore. I’m pretty worn out from the ordeal. I’m so over this type 2 inflammation.