These days I go inside the pharmacy because my haul of prescription medicine no longer fits through the drive-up window. It was embarrassing to leave with two of their largest non-discreet bags, like I’m shouting to everyone I pass, “I have problems!” These don’t even include my shots; those are delivered to our house.
More headaches and migraines later, I now have an appointment with my regular doctor in December, and she said she'll start me on different medicines to try. I also have a neurology appointment set up for February. This weekend vertigo hit me a few times, especially as I tried to sleep at night. It felt like the whole room was spinning, and it made me so sick. One night it kept me awake for 2 hours. I hope that was just a weird weekend and this won't be a new thing for me. I am not a fan of vertigo. I am not a fan of any more health problems.
Dan and Carson are packing for a hiking and camping trip on the Superior Hiking Trail. I'm packing for Utah. Carson's deep in homework and college applications and essays. I don't know how he ever fit soccer in.
We were gifted apples again, this time by a friend who picked them off her dad's apple tree this weekend. When I walked with her Friday night, she told me they would be picking apples the next day and then she told me all about her dad's system for big, beautiful, blemish-free apples. He's done this for 15 years and it's so interesting to me. In the spring, with lots of help he puts a sandwich bag on every single little apple on the tree -- somewhere around 250. They cut a slit in the top for the stem, then seal it up. They cut a corner off the bottom of the bag for drainage. No pesticide is used, and bugs don't bother the apples. The bags stay on until harvest, and she brought one apple in a bag to show me. My friend said the tree looks funny with bags blowing in the wind, but then the system works well because just look at these big, gorgeous, delicious apples!




