Thursday, July 11, 2024

Updates

It's been a blur of house selling and house hunting. We're living half in our garage so that our house is less cluttered. I treadmill in the garage, my clothes dresser is in the garage, we watch tv in the garage on chairs, etc. 

But...our house is under contract! Interestingly, it's being bought by a family moving here from Arizona. They close on Aug. 8th.

Dan started his new job this week, working for the third company of his career. These past six months have been so crazy and unsettling, I'm now hoping this is the last job change. I'm sure going to try and find things to like about Arizona. It's just that it seems like everything in Arizona will try to kill me…excessive heat, drought, monsoons, flash flooding, dust storms, spiders, scorpions, snakes, wild animals, have I missed anything? 

Dan’s living in Colby's apartment, sleeping on his couch which turns into a bed. He's been working with a realtor and looking in person at the houses and areas we've researched online. That's helped us rule some things out and narrow down our house hunting, and we're putting in an offer today. We have backup houses if this one goes to someone else.

We needed a break from living in a super clean, empty house with nothing to do but wait around for it to sell. While Carson was at work, Paige and I drove to a new French bakery an hour away to eat delicious food and do some shopping.

Then yesterday we shopped again with Carson to find missionary shoes and went to our favorite Punch Pizza. Dan comes home tonight for the weekend.