Monday, August 5, 2024

On the Move

Carson gave his mission farewell a week ago. It was awesome. My parents came to Minnesota for it. Dan spoke too.

The next day (last Monday) our house was packed up. Tuesday they loaded the truck. Paige finished her last day at work. Carson and I visited friends. Then we deep cleaned after the movers were gone, and Tuesday night we left our empty house and drove away from Minnesota and the last 20 years. I was okay, but it was harder on the kids and Dan.

We're staying in Utah for a week, and then we'll stay in an Airbnb in Arizona until we close on our new house. Leah joined us at my parents' house for the weekend. We relaxed at the neighborhood pool Friday night.

Things were going fine until Saturday. Dan and Carson played a pickleball tournament, and then we ate lunch at Costa Vida. Soon after, my stomach started hurting. We went to watch the movie Twisters, and the pain increased as well as the size of my stomach. I was very uncomfortable and knew I wasn't going to make it. This felt different than my regular GERD. Halfway through the movie, I ran down the aisle, grabbed Paige's large empty popcorn bucket, and barely made it outside the theater before everything came up. And up and up and up. All the way to the car and into the rest of the night. It didn't feel like the flu, it felt like food poisoning (Dan and kids felt weird too, but not as bad as me), or maybe my body was sick of eating out too often lately and it let me know. My body's sensitive like that...to ALL things, darn it. And then I woke up Sunday morning and it was over. The pain was gone, and nothing was left in me to bother my stomach anymore. I slept a lot on Sunday, but my stomach felt okay. I still have no appetite, and I can't even think about any food yet, and for sure I'll never be ready to eat at that restaurant ever again. It was not my favorite weekend, and I'm glad it's behind me.