Friday, May 2, 2025

Friendship

I've been waiting to post graduation pictures because I haven't seen ones anyone else took yet. But I do have pictures of our close friend Debbie from Minnesota who came to watch her niece graduate at the same time and place as Leah, and her daughter graduate the next day. She found us after the ceremony. I've talked with her on the phone every month for hours, but it was still so good to see her in person. She has loved and supported our kids for the past 13 years, and she was so happy to hug and visit with our daughters.



Later Debbie texted me and said she was going to the grave of our friend who died one year ago from cancer. It was close by, so Leah and I met her there for a sweet moment of remembering our friend. The last I saw Heidi, Debbie and I had driven two hours to her house. It was a beautiful fall day and we sat on her deck soaking in the sunshine and talking about hard things.