Dan was sick with the achy, congested flu that's been going around -- lots of coughing and sneezing and sleeping. It was very cold and windy (50 mph winds) and unpleasant outside. We stayed inside for days, and I spent a lot of time in bed with my painful stomach and a migraine that's building but hasn't fully hit yet. My voice is hoarse again and food is starting to feel stuck again when I eat -- all signs that my throat is irritated and progress is going backwards.
Dan's finally back at work today, and I'm attacking my stomach problems with full force yet again. I ordered a breathalyzer device that can track my reaction to foods all day long. I ordered food intolerance tests that may help me further pinpoint what kinds of food to avoid. I also downloaded the Monash app to help with the low Fodmap diet and reintroduction of foods which I'm getting bored of doing, especially when it doesn't make a difference. My next gastro appointment is in two weeks. If nothing improves in a few more months, I may give up trying to heal and instead learn to accept and manage it. Until then I'm fighting again and doing everything I can to get better.
