The Food Marble Aire 2 has been very interesting. I bring it everywhere with me. I breathe into it every two hours, and I also log my symptoms and meals all day long on their app.
The scale is 0-10. My hydrogen and methane numbers are very high at times when I'm also having lots of symptoms. There are other charts on the app that show the numbers match up with my symptoms and meals. These are Thursday's numbers:
Since then, I went back to eating regular food and my numbers have stayed close to 10 all day every day. The way this device works is: the first week I eat regular food so it has baseline numbers for me. The second week I eat strict low Fodmap foods. Ideally, my numbers should be lower at that point and reflect a change in foods I'm eating. And then for the next four weeks after that, I continue eating low Fodmap and test one category each week using the packets of inulin, sorbitol, lactose, and fructose. The results may be helpful, or they may not be helpful. Down the road as I log more information, it should show me which problematic foods to avoid.
These are the next two books I'll be reading, searching for anything new or different to try.