Monday, January 19, 2026

Weekend Update

Saturday was another migraine day. Woke up with my head pounding, stumbled around for a few hours, then went back to sleep in the afternoon. Dan took a hike by himself. By nighttime, I started to rally but then Paige also got hit with a migraine. 

Dan and I worked on our landscaping plans, etching the whole idea out in the backyard dirt so we could see the scale of it better. We've never landscaped a desert yard, and it's vastly different from what we're used to. It's a small yard, so we're trying to maximize it. We also have very different ideas that I've been trying to combine so we each get enough of what we want. Dan likes fake grass and curved lines and a place to hang his hammock and somewhere to play yard games. I like paved patios and straight lines and enough space for plants. Paige wants fruit trees. Everyone wants a fountain. We'll have a dry river spot that we'll direct gutters into for the monsoon rains. We may do a firepit table somewhere in there, some lounge chairs, and a glider to watch the sunsets. Dan started contacting landscapers to get it rolling, but we'll have to submit detailed plans to HOA for approval first which usually takes a few months. Nobody can see our backyard with walls around it, but every part still needs to be approved which is one reason why we've put it off.

Herbal teas are good for my throat and stomach, but I was digging through chaotic piles of tea boxes in our pantry every time I wanted some. I don't feel like I accomplished much in the past week, but the drinks are ORGANIZED! 

Our little free libraries all over the neighborhood never disappoint, haha. I don't actually read these kinds of books, but I have laughed at some ridiculous passages I open to and randomly pick.



As Dan and I took a walk around the neighborhood, I glanced over and was startled to see this javelina quietly watching us. They look so strange. I'll never get used to them.