I'm still mortified remembering my grand exit from the middle school today.
It involved sudden extreme knee pain after I crouched down and pivoted to push a button under the library desk, me shouting in surprise at the pain shooting through me, feeling like I was going to crumple to the ground with each slow and painful step, 6 witnesses who are also my work friends and all sprang into action, an embarrassing but probably necessary wheelchair ride to my car despite my protests, too much attention for me who doesn’t like attention, and hours spent in bed icing my knee.
It's a slow weekend for us, so I can fully rest my knee for a few days. Maybe I tore something in there? It’s only painful when in motion and I place weight on it. Carson is staying in a hotel tonight for a long track meet tomorrow. A winter storm is raging outside and will fully hit overnight and tomorrow. Dan picked up delicious food for dinner (crab cakes for me, yum) because I’m incapacitated and never made it to the grocery store after work for the dinner I planned to make. He’s gone at volleyball now, and I’m reading a scary book I can hardly put down. Gotta go.


