The next round of different Rosacea medicines initially made a big difference. The redness calmed and the blood vessels on my cheeks lessened in appearance. My cheeks almost looked normal. I was relieved the new medicines were working so well.
But the redness comes right back with little flare ups which still happen. I'm trying hard to avoid Rosacea triggers each day, and it's kinda unfair I finally move somewhere with endless bright sunshine but I have to hide from it.
I've always worn a daily facial lotion with SPF, but now I layer on more SPF before I head outside each day.
We saw this little friend on our driveway one night, running away from our flashlight beam.
This is what the inside of a saguaro cactus looks like. Sadly, we found this hacked open in our neighborhood. Saguaros take decades to even grow this tall. The next time we walked by, it had already started drying up and becoming a "saguaro skeleton" as they call it here.
We still get winter weather alerts for Minnesota, but then we go outside here to feel warm weather and see plants blooming in our yard. We do like this kind of winter. A lot.
I have an older friend here whose husband has cancer. Dan and I helped them put in their garden one week ago, and yesterday she texted me. Six potato plants are already coming through. It's not even my garden, but I'm so proud of those little plants for making it, and I'm so excited!
Comfy, loose clothes every day forever for my troubled stomach.
Milk chocolate and dark chocolate are on my "NO" list of foods. They can loosen the L.E.S. valve that closes off the stomach. But white chocolate doesn't actually contain chocolate at all, so I can safely eat it. It sure doesn't taste the same as the chocolate I'd rather eat, but I'm trying different kinds until I find one that is a good enough trade.
We get the most amazing sunsets on cloudy days. I love our backyard view.
I have an older friend here whose husband has cancer. Dan and I helped them put in their garden one week ago, and yesterday she texted me. Six potato plants are already coming through. It's not even my garden, but I'm so proud of those little plants for making it, and I'm so excited!
No picture for this, but Dan and I went to dinner in the city and watched a play. It was a fun night. Eating at restaurants always stresses me, but I ordered a smoked salmon salad with no dressing, and then I picked out all the onions and tomatoes (on my "NO" list). I ate slowly. We walked after eating, which also helps to calm GERD. And I didn't hurt, yay!
In our ward, I'm one of three Activity Day leaders. It's the best calling. We only meet twice each month, and we rotate turns planning the activities. I'm in charge of an activity once every 6 weeks. This time I chose a service project - tying blankets for shelter dogs. They turned out cute.













