Wednesday, February 18, 2026

Moving Along


Our Valentine's Day was spent walking around piles of rock and pavers with our landscaper to pick the right colors and sizes. Landscaping begins tomorrow!

Then we helped Colby move furniture and boxes out of his apartment and into a storage unit. While Dan and Colby loaded the trailer, I deep cleaned. He's trying to move out by this weekend because soon after, he's leaving for a work trip to another country. I'm packing up Carson's room this week so Colby can use it. He'll move in with us for a few months, save money, then choose another apartment or buy a house. 

I found a sweet little book for a friend who bakes sourdough bread and recently turned it into a business. She also loves sunflowers.


I spent last week researching college apartments for Carson and applying everywhere before finally finding the right situation for him with roommates he'll have lots in common with. 

We're watching the second round of Beast Games and also the newly revamped Fear Factor (based on the original one but different). Dan and I are still watching episodes of the old show The Middle and laughing hard at each one.

There's a vintage market here that opens one weekend each month. I like wandering through all the eclectic decor and antique finds every month. The place is crowded with people (strategically not in these pictures) and it's a fun atmosphere in a cool old building. I look forward to it every month.


I took gluten-free, dairy-free muffins to a brunch with friends.

My third round of medicines ended, and I'm no better. This time I didn't even get a good week or two of feeling great. The day after medicines ended, my stomach was enormous and so so so painful after every single meal even though they were small low Fodmap meals. I feel like after all this effort, I'm now starting to give up and accept chronic stomach problems. I was really fighting against that for so long, believing I could still get better. So maybe I'll just eat whatever I want now and deal with it. Wear loose, big clothes forever. I'm still blowing into my breathalyzer device and tracking my meals and symptoms. Out of curiosity, I had Dan try the device. I did it first and got 8.9 (out of 10; that's super high). Then Dan did it and only got a 1. I'm jealous (and discouraged and worn out and hurting and hungry for eating whatever I want with no pain afterwards). I'm tired of eating plain, boring, simple, repetitive meals that should be easy to digest but still hurt me.