First I marked each side of a 12x12 paper into thirds, then drew a grid.
It worked!
I printed heart-shaped love quotes from leaders (downloaded from Etsy), then cut them to save time at the activity. Also, I don't have 17 scissors for all the girls to cut these themselves.
I cut cute Valentine paper into 3.5-inch squares. I tried to have lots of different options for them to mix and match.
I found fun washi tape that ended up being the perfect width to use as a border. The girls might not bother with this, or they may use it in a different way.
And here's my finished product! The girls can decorate as much or as little as they want. I couldn't stop myself from adding just a little more here and there. It felt like the kind of craft where more is better. It was so fun!
Let's unfold it and open it up.
I cut it in a certain way and scored the lines and folded them, then cut two squares to form a heart.



















