Sunday, March 27, 2022

Answered

I’ve had a very big and important “Why?” question about something specific in my life for 30 years. Why this and not that? I have a long list of those questions, but this was one of the oldest. Seems like what I plan and want and hope is not (ever) His plan for me. Anyway, this certain thing I’ve wondered about (among many others) for so very long, … well, I recently found out the answer. And I was amazed. The pieces fit together after 3 decades, and I understand the Why, or even just a part of the Why. I’m sure there are so many more parts I won’t ever know. Some may call it a coincidence that worked out. I call it a tender mercy. Him knowing so many things about me and my life and my future, and guiding me towards the best path for me. Me thinking I knew/know what’s best for me, but finding out I didn't/don’t. And if He was right in this, maybe I should trust Him with all the other Why’s and the path He guided me towards. I may never understand some of the Why's, not here. I may yet understand some of them in another 30 years or hopefully sooner. Right now, in this one thing, I feel understanding at last and closure of that Why, and amazement that He knew what I needed all along.