Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Misc.

Yesterday I proctored the Pre-ACT. That means I walked around the art room for 4 hours, actively monitoring the kids. I couldn't use my phone or read or sit or do anything else. So, it felt very long and I found I don't like having only my worrisome thoughts occupy my time for 4 hours. I spent the afternoon sorting and alphabetizing all the Pre-ACT and ACT tests and booklets and helping to prepare the materials to ship. It's all very particular. Phew, that's over.

After school, Carson was one of four high school students who helped interview candidates for next year's new principal, and he gave the candidates tours of the athletic department. The rest is confidential and he can't tell us about the candidates or what questions he asked them, but he said it was a positive experience. The process took over 4 hours, and he gave up a track meet for this opportunity. Speaking of track, he qualified for a special track meet this weekend with 7 other boys and some girls. Busy kid.