There have been so many monsoons this summer, the desert is blooming over and over. These purple bushes in our neighborhood are our favorite.
It's amazing how fast a monsoon rolls in. We finished eating and walked outside a restaurant to an imminent monsoon. Soon after, it started pouring rain, making it hard to drive. I've lived in the Midwest most of my life, and I worried we were giving up powerful storms and gorgeous sunsets when we moved here. I didn't know Arizona can match the storms and sunsets.
I've spent the past two weeks deep cleaning and making donation piles, reading books and taking it easy after a busy few months, and meeting up with friends a few times to go out to eat and to a movie. Dan, Colby, and I watched the first season of Alone Australia. We also went to a BYU women's soccer game against the U of A which ended in a tie.
Tomorrow I have my next gastroenterologist appointment. My stomach is still large and painful at some point every single day. I've taken a medicine for four months, and we hoped that would fix the problem, but it hasn't.
So I live in comfortable, loose clothes and try to enjoy any moment my stomach feels okay each day.
I don't know what else to try. I don't know what my doctor will suggest next. I have some books to read which might still help me. I'm trying to be patient but I'm also worn out from too many years of this:
At least my rosacea is mostly under control as long as I use three topical medicines daily, try to stay cool with fans and air conditioning and loose clothes, and keep out of the sun and heat and wind or protect my face with a sunhat and sunscreen. But then some days it randomly flares and itches and burns:





