Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Close Calls

Colby's car was totaled in a terrible accident last winter. He was going straight through an intersection on a green light, and a woman coming the other way turned in front of him. After that accident, Colby got a dash camera. Then Dan followed and got dash cameras for his car and my car. This city is known for bad drivers and horrible car wrecks.

In the past week, two cars have almost hit Dan's car and my car, and those dash cameras show the scary moments. First - Dan was driving through our neighborhood (Colby and I were in the car too) when a car barely stopped at a stop sign and then drove right out in front of Dan. Dan honked and honked, and the occupants seemed surprised when they turned around and saw him so close...like they hadn't even seen him at all.



Next, I was at an intersection. Two cars in my lane turned on a green arrow before it was my turn -- that's how long our arrow was green. 

The arrow was still green. I started to turn, and then I realized a man wasn't stopping at all and was driving straight through his red light and into the intersection right at me. I slammed on my brakes, and he swerved and kept driving past me. I was too shocked to even honk, and I'm sure he still doesn't know it was him who was driving wrong and almost crashed into me.