Wednesday, September 30, 2026

Ordeals

Last night was rough. Nausea hit me so hard, and then it felt like everything around me was spinning. I tried so hard to finish making dinner for everyone, but the moment it was ready, I rushed to the bedroom to lie down in the dark until the room no longer spun and the nausea calmed enough that I was able to stand up briefly and get ready for bed. I hadn't been able to eat dinner, but my stomach had still grown huge while I was lying down. I stayed in bed for 12 hours total, sleeping on and off. In the morning the nausea was gone, the vertigo was gone, and my stomach was smaller than it's been in a very long time. Weird. That was quite an ordeal, and I hate Functional Dyspepsia. I think it flared badly because I was too busy yesterday and never took a break...took a long walk, went to one of my study groups, did returns to a few stores, mailed some packages, ate a bad-for-me lunch on the go, got groceries, battled a monsoon while out and about, came home to dry out and fix my wild hair, then back to more stores to finish errands, did some laundry and housework, and then it was time to start dinner. I overdid it and probably bumped my stress up to a level that caused my body to react that way.




In other news, there have been 117 gnats caught so far. It's validating. I wondered if it was just the same 3 gnats bothering me, and the traps would only catch those three total. Nope. I have now thrown away the three houseplants I banished outside.